Cardel Homes Acquires Shawnee Golf Course from Geo Energy
Finally. Finally we get a 'real' developer into that area to provide some great quality homes in an area that has some gorgeous views and is adjacent to Fish Creek Park.
The news was just released last week that the deal was done but from what I understand Cardel had been working on acquiring this land for quite some time.
My opinion is that Geo Energy really had no use for the land, my feeling is that they wanted the land use designation changed so that they could flip it and make a boat load of cash. They lost.
How Cardel Plans to Develop the old Shawnee Golf Course
This is an interesting plan. I haven't seen the site plan yet (as it isn't available and won't be for a couple of weeks), but I did have the opportunity to speak with their Marketing Director and here are some of the highlights:
- There will be a mix of home styles including an 8 Storey Condominium development, 4 Storey Condo development, Luxury Townhomes and a good mix of Single Family Homes
- I have been asked not to disclose pricing as this could be subject to change but let's just say these homes are in the 'move up' home to 'last home you'll ever own' categories. If you want more details call me 403-827-7527
- They plan on breaking ground Fall of 2013 with the first showhomes to be opened and presales to begin in January of 2014
- You will see a higher quality spec...likely very few homes with siding and a lot of stucco and stone(this is my guess not fact)
- The land use will be DC or Direct Control which means it will be Bareland Condo with a few RC-1 designations thrown into the mix but ultimately they too will fall under the DC. There are advantages and disadvantages to this type of land use....My opinion is that the original grounds will be kept in tact with all the landscaping being taken care of by the condo management company.
I do have a little more information so if you want it...you know how to get it! Call me direct at 403-827-7527